Everyone has problems, and sometimes we need someone to talk to. We decided to interview local individual, couples and family therapist Sherry Maxwell. She's not just an awesome therapist, she's a wonderful mother too!
Name: Sherry Maxwell
Company: Sherry Maxwell & Associates
Occupation: Individual, Couples & Family Therapist
1. What do you like most about living in Cambridge?
I love exploring the trails along the river. I also enjoy walking to the Cambridge Farmers' Market on Saturday with my husband and stopping by Monigrams, Melville or the Grand Cafe for a coffee.
2. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love spending time with friends and family. We love to go with our family for wings at Ernie's Roadhouse or Ali's Bar & Grill.
3. In what ways do you like to give back to the Cambridge community?
I’m a member of Soroptimists, a service organizations with a focus on the improvement of women and girls in this community and globally.
4. What is your favourite event in Cambridge and why?
We really enjoy Arti Gras. It's a great event in support of the gallery, the foods good as is the entertainment and the silent auction.
5. What is your favourite place to eat in Cambridge and why?
Homage. The food is great and the atmosphere is quaint.
6. What do you like to do for a fun night out in Cambridge?
We have really enjoyed going to the shows at The Dunfield Theatre. The Buddy Holly Story was one of our favourites. We are looking forward to some of the shows that they are going to be performing this year.
7. What made you decide to become a therapist?
It’s something that I’ve wanted to be since I was in high school and I think that my life experiences prepared me for it.
8. What do you love most about being a therapist?
Seeing people grow, change and become the person they want to be.
9. What is one piece of advice you have for someone going through a rough time?
Don’t give up and never stop hoping for a better tomorrow.
10. Having been married for 30 years, what is one piece of advice that you have for a newly married couple?
Love and accept your partner for who they are and focus on their positive qualities.